Athletes Golf Quotes
Welcome to Athletes Golf Quotes
Athletes Golf Quotes brings us a collection of quotes from athletes who all excel in a sport other than golf, yet they have all had something to say about the Greatest Game ever played.
Some of these people actually play the golf. And while others may not play, they still have some interesting observations about those people who do enjoy the game.
Enjoy this collection of Golf Quotes from Athletes in Other Sports. They are listed alphabetically by the authors names, so you can more easily find your favorites.
Athletes Golf Quotes
~ Alex Karris athletes golf quotes
- My best score ever was 103, but I've only been playing 15 years.
~ Babe Ruth
- I don't need to know where the green is. Where is the golf course? - on playing Pine Valley
~ Billie Jean King
- There is no life for girls in team sports past Little League. I got into tennis when I realized this, and because I thought golf would be too slow for me, and I was too scared to swim.
~ Bo Jackson
- I've taken up golf in the past five or six years, and most of the time there aren't too many people out there that can drive a ball further than I can.
~ Brett Favre
- My wife, she still gives me a hard time, and says I hunt too much or I like to play golf too much. And she's probably right, but it sure beats some of the things I used to do.
~ Burt Shotten
- Any game where a man 60 can beat a man 30 ain't no game.
~ Casey Stengel
- They say Yogi Berra is funny. Well, he has a lovely wife and family, a beautiful home, money in the bank, and he plays golf with millionaires. What's funny about that?
~ Chris Codiroli
- My handicap? Woods and irons.
~ Dan Marino athletes golf quotes
- Swing hard in case you hit it.
~ Darrell Royal athletes golf quotes
- But I do have time to pencil in golf, and we've got four excellent courses.
- I do not let a bad score ruin my enjoyment for golf.
- I move around and play different golf courses. I just enjoy it.
~ Eric Heiden
- Cyclists, I work with a number of cyclists. They are great athletes; they are great aerobic athletes. If you ask them to hit a baseball or golf ball, they can't do that.
~ Ernie Banks
- Baseball reveals character; golf exposes it.
~ Fred Beck
- If you pick up a golfer and hold it close to your ear, like a conch shell, and listen, you will hear an alibi.
~ Gabrielle Reece
- I don't have a life, I really don't. I'm as close to a nun as you can be without the little hat. I'm a golf nun.
~ George Brett
- I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool.
~ Gerry Cheevers
- In golf I am one under; one under a tree, one under a rock, and one under a bush.
~ Hank Aaron
- It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
~ Ian Botham
- I can remember running around at the age of 3, wanting to play golf, cricket and football. I was always active, one way or another, driving my parents mad.
~ Ken Harrelson
- In baseball you hit your home run over the right-field fence, the left-field fence, the center-field fence. Nobody cares. In golf everything has got to be right over second base.
~ Lance Armstrong
- It's nice to win. I'll never win again. I may have to take up golf - take on Tiger.
~ Michael Strahan
- My hobbies and leisure activities include cars and golf.
~ Michael Wilbon
- Both of us played basketball, and I played tennis and my knees are done. Now if you ask us head-to-head who wins at golf, I'm asking for a couple of strokes.
~ Mickey Mantle
- He who has the fastest golf cart never has a bad lie.
- The only sure rule in golf is – he who has the fastest cart never has to play the bad lie.
~ Muhammad Ali
- I'm the best. I just haven't played yet.
~ Nick Johnson
- No matter what kind of day I've had at school, I always look forward to golf.
~ Paul O'Neil athletes golf quotes
- Golf is essentially an exercise in masochism conducted out-of-doors.
~ Pete Sampras
- In tennis, you can make a couple of mistakes and still win. Not in golf. I played three rounds in that Tahoe event, and I was drained. Mentally, not physically.
~ Peter Forsberg
- Pretty it's pretty good for me because I'm over here in the winters. It's really improved my golf game.
~ Robin Yount
- You know, when I was a young boy I used to play baseball in my back yard or in the street with my brothers or the neighborhood kids. We used broken bats and plastic golf balls and played for hours and hours.
~ Rogers Hornsby
- I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it.
~ Scott Hamilton athletes golf quotes
- That's what makes the Ryder Cup in golf so much better than the Masters or the U.S. Open. To be a part of something that is not about personal achievement, but about representing everyone and sharing it with the whole country, it's wonderful.
~ Shaquille O'Neal
- If you got the game, you got the game. That's why Tiger Woods is out there playing golf with Greg Norman.
~ Steve Sax
- You can’t call it a sport. You don’t run, jump, you don’t shoot, you don’t pass. All you have to do is buy some clothes that don’t match.
~ Terry Bradshaw
- I know this golf tournament has my name on it but it's not about me. It's about the Louisiana Tech family. There is nothing greater than being a part of the Bulldog family.
~ Trent Dilfer athletes golf quotes
- Hit the ball pretty solid. Haven't played a lot of golf this year, so was really unsure of what it would be like. I've been playing pretty well lately, especially hitting the ball solid.
- I had very low expectations. Honestly, I think I had 11 rounds of golf the entire year in before this tournament, and I had hit balls maybe four or five times.
- There are some guys out here that can really play golf, but it has not been their focus for that long.
Options for Booking Your Next Tee Time
Thanks or visiting this page of Athlete's Golf Quotes
Now make sure to check out the other great pages on our site and use the "Share This Page" links below to share this site with others you think might also enjoy its content.
Return to The Top of Athlete's Golf Quotes
Return to Golf Quotes
Return to The Golf Experience
?? Your Own Website ??
Is there a topic or a hobby for which you have a strong passion?
Have you ever considered turning that passion into a passive income stream?
Have you ever considered creating a web site like this one?
I researched long and hard for the best resources available on the web to assist me in making The-Golf-Experience.com a reality and I found none better than Solo Build It with whom to partner.
Above and beyond the comprehensive program they provide to assist you on your journey is the incredible level of customer service you'll get along the way. The world would be a better place if every company out there modeled the quality and level of their customer service after what Solo Build It seems to provide with such ease.
Watch the video below to see if your interest in creating your own web site gets a spark.
Now click the "Solo Build It!" link below to begin your own journey.
Good luck and have some fun.
© Copyright The-Golf-Experience.com
Solo Build It!