Pro Golfer Quotes
Welcome to Pro Golfer Quotes
Pro Golfer Quotes recognizes some other talented and influential players from the world of Professional Golf who didn't get their own pages on our site.
You don't actually have to ever have played the game to offer up a great golf quote, but as this page attests - it sure does help!! Gems from Byron Nelson, Gary Player, Greg Norman, and dozens more are all gathered here for you to enjoy.
All quotes are listed alphabetically by the author's name so can more easily find your favorites.
Pro Golfer Quotes
~ Adlai Stevenson
- Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses.
~ Aaron Baddeley
- Once you have your practice and you have your mechanics, you must be able to go out there and trust your mechanics.
~ Amy Alcott pro golfer quotes
- Golf is a spiritual game. It's like Zen. You have to let your mind take over.
- Keep your sense of humor. There's enough stress in the rest of your life not to let bad shots ruin a game you're supposed to enjoy.
~ Annika Sorenstam
- I told my caddie today that I am in the position that I want to be in. That this is what I have been waiting for, to win my tenth victory. I said that I am going to do everything that I can do today and that nothing is going to stop me.
~ Babe Didrikson Zaharias
- Luck? Sure, but only after long practice and only with the ability to think under pressure.
~ Ben Crenshaw
- Golf is the hardest game in the world. There is no way you can ever get it. Just when you think you do, the game jumps up and puts you in your place.
- I enjoy Augusta. I enjoy its challenges. There's no other golf course like this anywhere. Its greens and its challenges on and around the greens are just super, super tough. So the greens are fun to play in sort of a morbid way.
- I’m about five inches from being an outstanding golfer. That’s the distance my left ear is from my right.
- My golf game's gone off so much that when I went fishing a couple of weeks ago my first cast missed the lake.
- The reason why the Road hole (17th) at St. Andrews is such a great par-4 is because it's a par-5.
~ Bernhard Langer pro golfer quotes
- Be decisive. A wrong decision is generally less disastrous than indecision.
- But I think the guys are very happy to accommodate the people and that's part of golf in general.
- That's the difference between golf and many other sports. You go to some other sporting events, they just leave you or give you the cold shoulder and move on.
- We all know, the ones who play golf, know what a wonderful game it is and what a great past-time it is.
- Wherever we play golf, people come out here to get autographs. They obviously come out to watch us play and see us in action, but they also want to interact with us.
- You know why the game of golf is popular? Very easy! it's a great game.
~ Billy Casper pro golfer quotes
- Try to think where you want to put the ball, not where you don’t want it to go.
~ Bob Toski pro golfer quotes
- Golf is a non violent game played violently from within.
- Most golfers prepare for disaster. A good golfer prepares for success.
~ Bobby Locke
- Approaching a putt with doubt in your mind is nearly always fatal.
- The real success in golf lies in turning three shots into two.
~ Bobby Nichols pro golfer quotes
- Nothing goes down slower than a golf handicap.
~ Brad Faxon
- Believe it or not, I’m not really thinking about anything when I putt….It’s hard to teach. I let my instincts take over. I like to see which way the break is going and use it. When I’m putting well, I feel like I can make everything.
~ Bruce Crampton pro golfer quotes
- Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
~ Byron Nelson
- Golf is a percentage game, and I play the percentages.
- Out-of-control emotions can make smart people stupid.
- Putting affects the nerves more than anything. I would actually get nauseated over three-footers.
- The only shots you can be sure of are those you've had already.
- The only thing you should force in a golf swing is the club back in the bag.
~ Cary Middlecoff
- Concentrate on hitting the green. The cup will come to you.
- I always think before an important shot: What is the worst that can happen on this shot? I can whiff it, shank it, or hit it out-of-bounds. But even if one of those bad things happens, I’ve got a little money in the bank, my wife still loves me, and my dog won’t bite me when I come home.
~ Charles Coody pro golfer quotes
- Through the ball we are all the same. We just have different ways of getting it there.
~ Charles B. Macdonald
- In golf, a player can step and mar the line of his adversary's putt. A player can also hit his adversary or his caddie intentionally with his ball and claim the hole - but it isn't usually done.
~ Chris Perry
- The worst club in my bag is my brain.
~ Clayton Heafner
- How did you make a twelve? I had a long put for an eleven.
~ Colin Montgomerie pro golfer quotes
- "That's great. They should put the hole in the fairway" - the quick-witted Scot, replied, when informed that he was ranked first in fairway hits.
- To be truthful, I think golfers are overpaid. It's unreal, and I have trouble dealing with the guilt sometime.
~ Craig Stadler
- Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well.
~ Curtis Strange
- I don't believe I have a good enough friend to give a three-footer - after Davis Love gave a three-footer to Darren Clarke on the 20th hole of their match.
- Under pressure, one of the most important things I have to remember to do is breathe.
~ Dave Marr
- Golf’s three ugliest words - "You're Still Away".
- Never bet with anyone you meet on the first tee, who has a deep suntan, a one iron in his bag and squinty eyes.
~ Dave Stockton
- In 1993, my second year on the Senior PGA Tour, I won five tournaments and $1,175,944, was leading money-winner, and was named Player of the Year. Yes, I made some physical improvements in my game but the main reason I had a year for me was unbelievable is that I worked hard on the mental side of my game.
- The number one thing about trouble is...don't get into more.
- When the ducks are walking, you know it is too windy to be playing golf.
~ Davis Love Jr.
- A routine is not a routine if you have to think about it.
- When it's breezy, hit it easy.
~ Debbie Massey - two-time British Open Champion
- You stand up to that challenging shot, you put yourself into that shot, and you pour yourself into it confidently. Stand up and commit yourself completely. If you miss it, you miss it certainly. You’ve done everything you can.
~ Derek Burshiem - four-time winner of the Oglala National Open
- Golf is a natural fit for us. It satisfies the spirit. You're out in the grass and the trees. You're out there with nature. You're not really competing with each other, you're competing against the golf course. I think it fits well with Native American society. Not all Native Americans get a chance to play, but I'm hoping that will change.
~ Don January
- The better you putt, the bolder you play.
~ Doug Sanders
- I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything would be perfect.
~ Ed Furgol pro golfer quotes
- Everybody has two swings-a beautiful practice swing and the choked-up one with which they hit the ball. So it wouldn't do either of us a damned bit of good to look at your practice swing.
~ Fred Couples
- As far as swing and techniques are concerned, I don’t know diddly squat. When I’m playing well, I don’t even take aim.
~ Gardner Dickinson
- They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.
~ Gary Player pro golfer quotes
- As we all know... golf is a puzzle without an answer.
- Golf is a puzzle without an answer. I’ve played the game for 40 years and I still haven’t the slightest idea how to play.
- I am tired of all these golfers who are happy with second place. The only one who will like you if you come in second place is your wife and your dog. And that is only if you have a good wife and a good dog.
- I try to work with God as a partner.
- If there's a golf course in heaven, I hope it's like Augusta National. I just don't want an early tee time.
- If you think your hands are more important in your golf swing than your legs, try walking a hole on your hands.
- There is absolutely nothing humorous at the Masters. Here, small dogs do not bark and babies do not cry.
- When you play the game for fun...it's fun. When you play it for a living...it's a game of sorrows.
- You must work very hard to become a natural golfer.
~ Gay Brewer
- Golf is a game you can never get too good at. You can improve, but you can never get to where you master the game.
~ George Archer
- Baseball players quit playing and they take up golf. Basketball players quit and take up golf. Football players quit and take up golf. What are we supposed to take up when we quit?
- Golf is like a chain. You always have to work on the weakest links.
- If it wasn't for golf, I'd probably still be a caddy.
- One thing about golf is you don’t know why you play bad and why you play good.
~ George Duncan
- The right way to play golf is to go up and hit the bloody thing.
~ Greg Norman
- Being away for the weekends, and me being the international player that I have been for those 30 years, I've spent a lot more time flying around the world, playing different golf tournaments around the world.
- Happiness is a long walk with a putter.
- I don't see myself playing or adjusting my schedule for senior tournament golf.
- I mean, I can actually say goodbye to the game of golf, never hit another golf shot the rest of my life and I'd be happy because I can get back in life without any rotation.
- I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
- On the 1996 Masters - I screwed up. It's all on me. I know that. But losing this Masters is not the end of the world. I let this one get away, but I still have a pretty good life. I'll wake up tomorrow, still breathing, I hope. All these hiccups I have, they must be for a reason. All this is just a test. I just don't know what the test is yet.
- Another on losing a six-stroke lead in the Masters - I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to run around like Dennis Rodman and headbutt somebody.
- I'm not interested at all in playing more than 12, 15 tournaments a year on an annual basis because like all the old guys out here on this Tour, we've played golf for nearly 30 years of our lives.
- I've really got no complaints about the way I played, just extremely frustrating with the putter and I'm sure there's a lot of other players saying the same thing except the guy who's going to win the golf tournament.
- My doctor asked me how many golf balls I had hit in my career. I'm lying there in bed calculating somewhere between four and five million golf balls I had hit to do that on my body.
- Obviously it's my second senior event, and I'm tired obviously coming back from the British Open, from surgery, which was priority No. 1, did that successfully, and each week since the British Open I've felt in pretty good control of my golf game.
- So my game is solid. So that obviously makes me feel confident, that like anybody else in this field, you name them, I feel like I've got the ability to win the golf tournament just as much as they have, and that's the way I'm going to take it.
- Sometimes things work out on the golf course and sometimes they don't. Life will go on. You try to understand what happens, but maybe today I don't want to know. I just screwed up so maybe I should just put it behind me.
- That's why we have practice rounds. We make the adjustments as we go around, try and find out how to play the golf course the best we can. No big deal, it's nothing to me, it's the same for me as it is to everybody and we're all trying to understand it.
- The game of golf doesn't come rushing back to you. Last week I made a couple of fundamental mistakes that I probably wouldn't have made in the heat of the battle back when I was in my heyday, and those things have got to come back.
- You create your own luck by the way you play. There is no such luck as bad luck. Fate has nothing to do with success or failure, because that is a negative philosophy that indicts one's confidence, and I'll have no part of it.
~ Hal Sutton pro golfer quotes
- I don't feel badly about that. There's a lot of energy on the golf course. The guys are playing great. I like the pairings in the afternoon. I'm going to take what we've got.
~ Hale Irwin
- Golf is the loneliest sport. You're completely alone with every conceivable opportunity to defeat yourself. Golf brings out your assets and liabilities as a person. The longer you play, the more certain you are that a man's performance is the outward manifestation of who, in his heart, he really thinks he is.
~ Harry Toscano
- I’m hitting the woods just great, but I’m having a terrible time getting out of them.
~ Harry Vardon
- A great deal of unnecessarily bad golf is played in this world.
- I Don’t play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.
- For this game you need, above all things, to be in a tranquil frame of mind.
- If your opponent is playing several shots in vain attempts to extricate himself from a bunker, do not stand near him and audibly count his strokes. It would be justifiable homicide if he wound up his pitiable exhibition by applying his niblick to your head.
- Never concede the putt that beats you.
- To play well you must feel tranquil and at peace. I have never been troubled by nerves in golf because I felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.
~ Homero Blancas
- Yeah, after each of my downhill putts - when asked if he had any uphill putts.
~ Ian Baker-Finch
- His driving is unbelievable. I don't go that far on my holidays. - On John Daly
~ Ian Woosnam pro golfer quotes
- It's a torture chamber, if we had to play it every day I don't think I'd be playing golf.
- Life's too short to spend all the time in the gym. I just like to have a few beers and enjoy myself too - after he beat Colin Montgomerie in the Cisco World Match play at Wentworth, October 2001.
~ J. C. Snead
- It’s so bad I could putt off a tabletop and still leave the ball halfway down the leg.
~ Jackie Burke
- The average golfer doesn’t play golf. He attacks it.
- Be prepared to scramble right from the start.
~ Jane Blalock
- It doesn’t happen all the time, but when I’m playing well it’s as if my eyes change. I can feel it. I just feel like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde-a transformation happens, I’m a totally different human being. I don’t hear anybody, I don’t see anybody, nothing bothers me, nothing is going to interfere with what I’m about to do.
~ Jennifer Wyatt pro golfer quotes
- I am relying on the theory that playing golf is just like riding a bike and that I haven't forgotten how.
~ Jerry Barber
- The older you get, the easier it is to shoot your age.
~ Jim Dent
- I can airmail the golf ball, but sometimes I do not put the right address on it.
~ Jim Furyk
- My only goal is to look back at the end of each year and see that I have improved.
~ Jimmy Demaret pro golfer quotes
- Golf and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.
- Golf is based on honesty; where else would you admit to a seven on a par three?
- He’s hit it fat.... It will probably be short.... It just hit the front edge of the green.... It’s got no chance.... It’s rolling toward the cup.... Well I’ll be damned!
- You know what they say about big hitters...the woods are full of them.
~ John Daly pro golfer quotes
- Do I have to know rules and all that crap? Then forget it! - when asked whether he'd like to join the Royal and Ancient Golf Club, after winning the '95 British Open at St. Andrews.
- He's tough (Tiger Woods). I wish I was that tough when I was his age.
- I enjoy the oohs! and aahs! from the gallery when I hit my drives. But I'm getting pretty tired of the awws! and uhhs! when I miss the putt.
- Life is nothing but a memory. People who dwell on the bad ones aren’t going to have a whole lot of good ones coming up.
- My slogan is who needs fitness when you've got great equipment.
~ Julios Boros
- By the time you get to your ball, if you don't know what to do with it, try another sport.
- Retire to what? I already play golf and fish for a living.
~ Justin Leonard pro golfer quotes
- I have those (goals) written down, but don’t want to discuss them. Right now, I just want to keep on improving.
~ Karrie Webb pro golfer quotes
- Golf is my boyfriend right now.
- I think I was given a gift to play golf and to be mentally strong.
- I think travel is probably the downside of playing professional golf, but you've got to do it.
- It takes having your golf peak four different times throughout the year. You have to like all four golf courses. You've got to be the best of that week for the four weeks.
~ Kathy Whitworth
- There's an old saying, 'It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools.' It's usually the player who misses those three-footers, not the putter.
~ Larry Mize pro golfer quotes
- My butterflies are still going strong. I just hope they are flying in formation.
~ Larry Nelson
- If I can hit a curve ball, why can't I hit a ball that is standing still on a course?
~ Lauri Peterson
- My goal this year is basically to find the fairways.
~ Lee Westwood
- No, I don't have any problems leaving disappointments behind. I've had lots of good days at golf and a few disappointments, so you never know what's around the corner.
~ Lloyd Mangrum pro golfer quotes
- Golf is the only sport I know of where a player pays for every mistake. A man can muff a serve in tennis, miss a strike in baseball, or throw an incomplete pass in football and still have another chance to square himself. In golf, every swing counts against you.
- That son of a bitch was able to hole a putt over 60 feet of peanut brittle. - speaking about Bobby Locke
~ Lon Hinkle
- Golf is golf. You hit the ball, you go find it. Then you hit it again.
~ Louise Suggs
- Golf is very much like a love affair, if you don't take it seriously, it's no fun, if you do, it breaks your heart. Don't break your heart, but flirt with the possibility.
- Much of anyone’s game is played (or should be played) in the short six-inch course between the ears.
~ Mac O'Grady pro golfer quotes
- A hole in one is amazing when you think of the different universes this white mass of molecules has to pass through on its way to the hole.
- One minute you're bleeding. The next minute you're hemorrhaging. The next minute you're painting the Mona Lisa - describing a typical round of golf
- When I putt, my emotions collide like tectonic plates. It's left my memory circuits full of scars that won't heal.
~ Mark Calcavecchia pro golfer quotes
- Golf is just a game - and an idiotic game most of the time.
- Hit it hard. It will land somewhere.
~ Mark McCumber
- All year, I concentrated on “Forget the last shot.’ It takes so long to accept that you can’t always replicate your swing. The only thing that you can control is your attitude toward the next shot.
- Forget the last shot. It takes so long to accept that you can't always replicate your swing. The only thing you can control is your attitude toward the next shot.
~ May Hezlet
- No golfer can ever become too good to practice.
~ Michelle Wie pro golfer quotes
- I don't like going to the mall. I'm not really like the other girls. I just like to go out on the golf course and play. Golf is fun and feels really good.
~ Mickey Wright
- When I play my best golf, I feel as if I'm in a fog, standing back watching the earth in orbit with a golf club in my hands.
~ Mike Weir pro golfer quotes
- A lot of my buddies also played golf, but when it came to going to the beach or on the boat and chasing girls, they usually went that way and I went to the golf course.
- If I can raise more money for charities, or get more Canadian kids to play golf, the green jacket will mean even more.
- Out here, it's just you and the ball.
- The beauty of golf, you're in charge out here.
- This golf course, you miss a shot a little bit off-line, it's going to bite you.
~ Miller Barber
- Bad sausage and five bogeys will give you a stomach ache every time.
~ Nancy Lopez pro golfer quotes
- Do your best, one shot at a time and then move on. Remember that golf is just a game.
- The simpler I keep things, the better I play.
~ Natalie Gulbis
- My first calendar was a combination of photos taken from different shoots including golf and casual.
~ Nick Faldo
- John certainly gives it a good hit, doesn't he? My Sunday best is a Wednesday afternoon compared to him - on John Daly
- He hits it long. His shoulders are impressively quick through the ball. That's where he's getting his power from. He's young and has great elasticity - on Tiger Woods
~ Nick Price pro golfer quotes
- I play and give each shot 100 percent, and I’m not thinking about winning or about what score I’m shooting. I’m just doing my best on every shot.
- The more I focus, the less I worry about pressure and everything else. My mind is totally and completely into the target. Some people choose to worry about hitting out-of-bounds, some choose to think about their swing, but when I’m looking down at the ball, I actually see the target.
~ Notah Begay pro golfer quotes
- I realized that the secret to golf isn't how low you shoot when it's going good, it's how to make your bad rounds better.
- The basic philosophy behind [switch putting] is you always want a hook putt. So for a left-to-right breaking putt, you're going to want to hit it left-handed and vice versa.
~ Omar Sandys
- I am planning and God is driving, so thanks to God I shot 65. South African.
~ Pam Barnett
- To help your concentration, don't take too much time.
~ Patty Berg
- Don't be in such a hurry. That little white ball isn't going to run away from you.
- The more you play it the less you know about it.
- There is nothing in this game of golf that can't be improved upon if you practice.
~ Patty Sheehan pro golfer quotes
- The worst advice in golf is, 'Keep your head down”.
- It's nice to have the opportunity to play for so much money, but it's nicer to win it.
~ Paul Runyan
- Don't let the bad shots get to you. Don't let yourself become angry. The true scramblers are thick-skinned. And they always beat the whiners.
~ Payne Stewart pro golfer quotes
- But in the end it's still a game of golf, and if at the end of the day you can't shake hands with your opponents and still be friends, then you've missed the point.
- Invariably something happens at a U.S. Open where the golf course gets out of control one day, they have one pin that's out of control. It always seems to happen. But they've gotten better about the height of the rough.
- This thing is for the game of golf, yeah, but trust me, the Europeans don't have that mentality.
- Tiger is the greatest thing that's happened to the tour in a long time. He has brought incredible attention to golf at a time of year when football and the World Series always take precedence. Everything I've heard about him seems to be true.
~ Peter Jacobsen pro golfer quotes
- One of the most fascinating things about golf is how it reflects the cycle of life. No matter what you shoot - the next day you have to go back to the first tee and begin all over again and make yourself into something.
- I didn’t miss the putt. I made the putt. The ball missed the hole.
- I’m probably less serious about my game than I was in the past. I’ve lost a brother and father in the past six years. And what about people who have lost friends and comrades in war? Golf is a game. You’ve got to keep that in perspective.
- If you can’t enjoy the time between golf shots, then you are going to have a pretty difficult life because most of you life is the time spent in-between.
~ Peter Thompson pro golfer quotes
- I just try to put it on the fairway, then the green and not three putt.
- When you don't play very often, you just don't know what is coming next - playing at the millennium British Open for the four-hole Past Champions Challenge
~ Phil Blackmar
- Golf isn’t like other sports where you can take a player out if he’s having a bad day. You have to play the whole game.
~ Phil Mickelson pro golfer quotes
- I have come to understand and appreciate writers much more recently since I started working on a book last fall. Before that, I thought golf writers got up every morning, played a round of golf, had lunch, showed up for our last three holes and then went to dinner.
- The object of golf is not just to win. It is to play like a gentleman, and win.
~ Raymond Floyd pro golfer quotes
- How can you get tired of playing golf?
- I guess what was going to come back came back on Monday. Of course now I've played a different golf course. I've played two practice rounds and two tournament rounds all kind of the same and now today I've played a different golf course.
- I'm used to the golf course playing soft, so tomorrow I'm going to have to pay attention a little bit more.
- They call it golf because all the other four-letter words were taken.
- When a father takes his son out for his first game of golf, and he says ‘Son, when you’re on the golf course, I want you to always conduct yourself like a gentleman-I want you to conduct yourself like Ray Floyd,’ that’s how I’d like to be remembered.
~ Rose Montgomery
- Let's get after it - her signature expression, after spitting on her gloves at the start of a round. On June 2, 1992, at the age of 96, Rose aced the 100-yard 7th hole at Canyon Country Club in Palm Springs for her tenth career hole in one.
~ Sergio Garcia pro golfer quotes
- Be who you really are.
- Concentrating for four hours will wear you out mentally.
~ Seve Ballesteros pro golfer quotes
- I do not trust doctors. They are like golfers. Every one has a different answer to your problems.
- I look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, I am going to bury you!
- I miss. I miss. I miss. I make! - describing his four-putt at Augusta's No. 16 in 1988
- I'd like to see the fairways more narrow. Then everybody would have to play from the rough, not just me.
- To give yourself the best possible chance of playing to your potential, you must prepare for every eventuality. That means practice.
~ Sharron Moran
- Indecision builds nervous tension and undermines any remaining confidence.
~ Simon Hobday pro golfer quotes
- Two balls in the water. By God, I have got a good mind to jump in and make it four!
~ Steve Pate
- I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work everyday and realized that my life wasn't so bad.
~ Ted Ray
- Golf is a fascinating game. It has taken me nearly forty years to discover that I can't play it.
~ Tom Kite pro golfer quotes
- Golf course design is exciting.
- It is a very positive event, being nervous. It allows you to do great things.
- It's a piece of property that, if you're going to have a development out here, you need to have a golf course because you need to take care of the effluent water being created by the development.
- We went around and looked and talked to a lot of foundations with those charities and decided upon the Children's Hospital. They had a golf tournament at the time, but it was a small event that didn't raise a significant amount of money.
~ Tom Lehman
- Having nerves and feeling the pressure just gets you focused and gets your concentration level where it needs to be. I harness that nervous energy into a positive way.
- I think if you are going to base your whole life on what you do on the golf course, you are up for a lot of ups and downs.
~ Tom Watson
- A lot of guys who have never choked, have never been in the position to do so.
- Confidence in golf means being able to concentrate on the problem at hand with no outside interference.
- Golf will grow so long as it's fun.
- No other game combines the wonder of nature with the discipline of sport in such carefully planned ways. A great golf course both frees and challenges a golfer's mind.
- The person I fear most in the last two rounds is myself.
~ Tommy Armour pro golfer quotes
- Every golfer scores better when he learns his capabilities.
- Golf is an awkward set of bodily contortions designed to produce a graceful result.
- Love and putting are mysteries for the philosopher to solve. Both subjects are beyond golfers.
- Play the shot you’ve got the greatest chance of playing well and play the shot that makes the next shot easy. It is not solely the capacity to make great shots that makes champions, but the essential quality of making very few bad shots.
~ Tommy Bolt
- Always throw your clubs ahead of you. That way you don't have to waste energy going back to pick them up.
- Golf is a game where guts and blind devotion will always net you absolutely nothing but an ulcer.
- I wonder who is going to finish second. Tommy Bolt, after birdying the first hole in the first round on route to his1958 U.S. Open victory “Never break your putter and your driver in the same round or you're dead.”
- If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you do not waste energy going back to pick it up.
- Never break your putter and your driver in the same round or you’re dead.
- Putting allows the touchy golfer two to four opportunities to blow a gasket in the short space of two to forty feet.
- The biggest liar in the world is the golfer who claims that he plays the game merely for exercise.
- The mind messes up more shots than the body.
- They throw their clubs backwards, and that's wrong. You should always throw a club ahead of you so that you don't have to walk any extra distance to get it - about the tempers of modern players.
~ Tony Lema pro golfer quotes
- Golf is like solitaire. When you cheat, you only cheat yourself.
- It isn’t the hours that you put in at practice that count. It’s the way you spend those minutes.
- The best advice I can give for playing a ball out of water is – don’t.
- You build a golf game like you build a wall, one brick at a time.
- You don't necessarily have to be a good golfer to be a good putter, but you have to be a good putter to be a good golfer.
~ Vijay Singh
- The more they made noise, the more calm I became - after the final round of the 2004 Buick open
~ Walter Hagen pro golfer quotes
- Every golfer can expect to have four bad shots in a round and when you do, just put them out of your mind. This, of course is hard to do when you've had them and you’re not even off the first tee.
- Here Eddie, hold the flag while I putt out - speaking to the Prince of Wales
- I would rather be of clear mind and decision with the wrong club than with an unclear mind and the right club.
- If you worry about the ones you missed, you are going to keep missing them.
- Trouble shots are surprisingly easy if you activate your imagination. You simply must be able to imagine exactly what flight the ball will take before you can play any shot well.
- What a shame to waste those great shots on the practice tee.
- Whatever happens on the golf course is OK, because if I put the ball in trouble I know that I have the skills to get it out of trouble and back into play.
- You’re only here for a short visit, so don’t hurry, don’t worry, and be sure to stop and smell the flowers along the way.
~ Wendy Ward
- I think golfers get over-concerned about results. Enjoy the process: enjoy the opportunity to play.
~ Wiffy Cox pro golfer quotes
- The subconscious mind is probably the most important factor in being a good golfer. It keeps distractions on the course from ruining a good round. You should practice, develop your swing, and do most of your thinking on the practice tee so that when you play in competition, you can hit the ball automatically.
~ Willie Park
- A man who can putt is a match for anyone.
Options for Booking Your Next Tee Time
Thanks for visiting this page of Pro Golfer Quotes
Now make sure to check out the other great pages on our site and use the "Share This Page" links below to share this site with others you think might also enjoy its content.
Return to The Top of Pro Golfer Quotes
Return to Golf Quotes
Return to The Golf Experience
?? Your Own Website ??
Is there a topic or a hobby for which you have a strong passion?
Have you ever considered turning that passion into a passive income stream?
Have you ever considered creating a web site like this one?
I researched long and hard for the best resources available on the web to assist me in making The-Golf-Experience.com a reality and I found none better than Solo Build It with whom to partner.
Above and beyond the comprehensive program they provide to assist you on your journey is the incredible level of customer service you'll get along the way. The world would be a better place if every company out there modeled the quality and level of their customer service after what Solo Build It seems to provide with such ease.
Watch the video below to see if your interest in creating your own web site gets a spark.
Now click the "Solo Build It!" link below to begin your own journey.
Good luck and have some fun.
© Copyright The-Golf-Experience.com
Solo Build It!